Friday, April 11, 2014

Google Forms

I feel SO BEHIND in the world of Google drive, docs, and forms.  But I am SO PROUD of myself for creating this Google form!  YEAH!  I took the leap!!!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jYfyQjAtkDW0wxEb_PL74zsrqAbv17xjuvvbDzbnfOo/viewform

Using a Google form served a couple purposes:

1.  I wanted the students to complete a reflection on the e-mentoring process.  Typically, I just do this in a standard Word document.  However, I realized this method didn't give the students the opportunity to share with their classmates, it was just an independent reflection.  Short of having a classroom discussion, in which usually only a few key players participate, I wanted to have some way to share the information.

2.  With that being said, I wanted to be able to collect the advice the mentors gave the students and have it all in one place so ALL the students could benefit from the collection of suggestions and keep it as a resource.  Again, discussion notes wouldn't necessarily be as complete as possible or engaging.


With this form, students will be able to reflect on the e-mentoring process and I will be able to see all of their feedback in one convenient place.  My plan, is also to consolidate the "advice" comments into one document for the students to keep as a resource in their career portfolio.  I will share that finished product after the assignment is given (end of April/early May). 

1 comment: