Thursday, May 29, 2014

Screencasting

Aside from EdModo, I think Screencasting is one of my greatest "10thingstechie" discoveries this year!  Screencastomatic was very user friendly and simple to use.  I had a video created and uploaded to YouTube within minutes, and now I can easily share the link with my students.  I could find myself using screencasting quite a bit in the future - ESPECIALLY when I am out and a substitute is in the classroom.  I wish I had explored this a few weeks ago, when this exact situation happened.  I left directions for the students to build their resume using Career Cruising, thinking it was pretty self explanatory.  Well, needless to say, not much got accomplished that day.  Now, had I had this instructional video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlS-jumPALo&feature=youtu.be&hd=1 , I think there would have been a lot more progress!  I could also see using these types of videos to explain things to students when they are absent, or obviously, when flipping the classroom.  I could see creating one of these for each of the major units (resume, cover letter, etc.) and then posting them to my EdModo account so that students could access them from home, make up work, etc.  This is definitely a great tool.


No comments:

Post a Comment